The GuardRunner goes where no other boats can go, in any conditions and in any weather.
The GuardRunner is based on the RescueRunner concept which was designed especially for Search & Rescue (SAR) and to endure the roughest of conditions. This makes the GuardRunner ideal for Combat SAR (CSAR) as well as other tasks in harsh waters.
• Deploy, recover or rescue personnel – conscious or unconscious – into or out of the water with extreme ease and speed.
• Doing the job in white and brown water zones, in shallow areas, among rocks, reefs and cliffs – to go where any larger vessel would have been in danger.
• Boarding small and large boats for assistance or transfer of personnel in all conditions.
• Launching from shore, larger vessels or helicopters.
• Beaching for quick deployment, recovery or rescue of equipment and personnel and as a CSAR unit, hand over of injured to land based medical responders.
• Reaching distressed vessels or personnel quickly in wake sensitive or congested areas.
• Shipping by air to distant or remote operational areas.
These pictures are from a demonstration where the vessel was crashed into a rock with a speed of 20 knots. It was fully operational after the collision protected by the polyethylene hull and the crew that was unharmed could continue the demonstration.
• Rugged, small and light – purpose built to go where no other boats can go, easier to handle with less risk in many situations.
• Boarding other vessels in bad weather poses great risks for the smaller boat and the personnel involved - a safer way is to board with the GuardRunner. With its unmatched stability and maneuverability it makes boarding easy.
• The GuardRunner design makes it almost unsinkable, with a hull that has four different water tight compart-ments (red, blue, green and black in the picture) and a GRP cartridge which also forms a water tight compartment.
• The polyethylene hull that protects the cartridge. The hull can easily be repaired or changed within a few minutes if damaged.
• The GuardRunner is designed to be delivered to the scene by any means practical, trailer, onboard a larger vessel, transport aircraft or with a helicopter.
• The water jet gives great thrust and the centrally placed towing eye makes the GuardRunner capable of towing heavy objects with unlimited maneuverability.
• A large integrated deck in the aft close to the water surface gives the capability to
- Transport up to 400 kilos (personnel and /or equipment).
- Deploy, recover or rescue personnel in all kinds of waters (brown, white and other shallow waters).
• Easy access through hatch on aft deck to clean the water jet from debris to ensure safe operation.
CUSTOMIZATIONS & OPTIONS
CUSTOMIZATIONSYour needs can be met through a wide range of options and customization possibilities, where everything from individual colour settings to launch and recovery systems for a wide range of carrying vessels are available.
OPTIONAL FUNCTIONS, EQUIPMENT & SERVICES• Compass, Towing Eye, Storage Boxes and Double Bilgepump Systems
• Lifting Eyes for helicopter/crane and Certiﬁ ed Lifting Sling
• Reverse Gate Function and Water Jet Trim
• Connection for fan/heater for the engine compartment
• GR-Auxiliary Electrical System – for powering extra options
• Search Light, Navigational Lights (White/Red/Green) and Blue Flashing Lights with Fittings
• Foldable Mast
• Customized Trailer for easy storage, transport, launch and recovery
• Training Courses and Service Agreements
The GRC is especially developed for safe and easy storage, launch and recovery of the GuardRunner from larger vessels.
• Low weight (total weight incl. GuardRunner and driver < 750 kilos)
• Shock absorbing, sun and salt water resistant
• Made by strong, ﬂ exible and durable Polyethylene that ﬂ oats
• Allows drive through during launch and recovery
• Protects the personnel and the vessel during launch and recovery
LOA 3.6 m; Beam 1.5 m; Draught 0.3 m Dry weight 350 kg
Load capacity >400 kg
Top speed ≈ 40 knots
Fuel capacity ≈ 70 l
Range ≈ 70 NM